Thursday 14 November 2013

More "English Menu" to enjoy....

"The English Menu" this time with movie quotes, dialogues and more!!!




Starters - Entrantes
Movie quotes- Frases de película
Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn (Gone with the wind)
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse. (The Godfather)
Run, Forrest, run! Run, Forrest! (Forrest Gun)
Come with me if you want to live! (The Terminator)
May the Force be with you (Star wars)
I see dead people. (The Sixth Sense)
They're here! (Poltergeist I)
I'm king of the world! (Titanic)

Main dish - Plato principal
Scene1 (Notting Hill)
Key words or expressions: book, trousers, police, desk, to remove, to apologize, If I’m wrong, to wipe, to put something back, to steal, to change your mind, to sign, author, couldn’t , to worth, autograph, signature, above, belong in, jail, thoughts, a sort of, childish kebab stories, throw in, free, useful, lighting fires, wrapping fish.



Thief: What book?
Hugh: The one down your trousers.
Thief: I don’t have a book down my trousers.
Hugh: Right. I tell you what, Um I’ll call the police, and, um, /what can I say/ If I’m wrong about the whole “book down the trousers” scenario. I really apologize
Thief: Ok, What if … I did have a book down my trousers?
Hugh: Well, ideally, when I went back to the desk you’d remove the Cadogan Guide to Bali from your trousers and either wipe it and put it back or buy it, I’ll see you in a sec.// Sorry about that.

Julia: No, it’s fine. I was gonna steal one, but now I’ve changed my mind.. Oh, signed by the author, I see.
Hugh: Um, yeah, couldn't stop him. If you can find an unsigned one, it’s worth an absolute fortune.
Thief: Excuse me.
Julia: Yes
Thief: Can I have your autograph?
Julia: Sure. What’s your name?
Thief: Rufus. What does it say?
Julia: That’s my signature. And above it, it says “Dear Rufus, you belong in jail”
Thief: Good one. Do you want my phone number?
Julia: tempting but...no. Thank you.

Julia: I will take this one.
Hugh: Oh, right, right so I uh..Well, on second thoughts, um, maybe it’s not that bad after all. Actually, it’s a sort of a classic, really. None of those childish kebab stories you find in so many books the days. And um, I’ll tell you what. I’ll throw in one of those for free. Useful for , uh, lighting fires, wrapping fish, that sort of thing.
Julia: Thanks
Hugh: Pleasure
Scene 2 (The Truman Show)


Key words or expressions: to stand, to have a baby, true, to fix, beans, sweeteners, What the hell, talk to, to taste, the best, what's happening, breakdown, scaring, dice, slice, peel, choices, I swear.

Meryl:  Let me get you some help Truman, you're not well!
Truman:  "Why do you want to have a baby with me? You can't stand me!" (Truman)
Meryl: "That's not true! ... Why don't you let me fix you some of this Mococoa drink, all natural cocoa beans from the upper slopes of Mount Nicaragua, no artificial sweeteners!" (Meryl)
Truman: "What the hell are you talking about?!? Who are you talking to?!?" (Truman)
Meryl: "I've tasted other cocoas, this is the best!" (Meryl)
Truman:  "What the hell does this have to do with anything? Tell me what's happening!"
Meryl: ... "Well, you’re having a nervious breakdown. That's what's happening."
Truman: ... "You’re part of this, aren't you?"
Meryl: Truman .. you’re scaring me.
Truman; No, you're scaring me, Meryl! What are you gonna do? dice me, Slice me,  or peel me? There are so many choices.
Meryl: Do something!!
Truman: What? What did you say? Who you’re talking to?
Meryl: Nothing, I didn’t say anything.I didn’t say anything.
Truman: No.  You said, "Do something."  Who were you
             talking to?  I swear I'll kill you, if
             you don't tell me.
Marlon (friend); Truman..Truman?
Meryl: Oh thank God I can’t carry on under these conditions is unprofessional

Desserts - Postres


  • "Home Alone" -> Mi Pobre Angelito (latino-américa) --Sólo en casa (España)
  • "Die Hard" (Duro de Matar) ----> La jungla de cristal.
  • "Poltergeist": juegos diabólicos (latino-américa) y Poltergeist: Fenómenos extraños (España)
  • "Highlanders (Habitantes de las tierras altas-los que mandan) ----> Los inmortales.
  • "Rosemary´s Baby" ( El bebé de Rosemary) ----> La semilla del Diablo.
  • "Naked Gun" ("Pistola desnuda")= agárralo como puedas
  • "Evil Dead" (Muerto malvado)----> Muerto malvado ----> Posesión Infernal (Empezamos bien).